Video Broadcasting Internship
The Vancouver Public Schools TV Studio seeks several talented, resilient, engaged students interested in television or film careers. The successful candidates will be highly motivated, demonstrate strong organization skills, be willing to work an irregular schedule, and have adequate transportation. The students will assist in the production of live sports broadcasts and pre-produced video projects for television and the web.
Student must be willing to try various positions within a broadcast environment, including camera; editing; live graphics and video playback; and more. Interested students may also seek on-camera experience, if desired.
- Student will be trained to operate video/television equipment
- Student will be expected to work on weeknights, depending on the broadcast schedule
- Student will shoot and edit video as necessary for broadcasts
- Student will help set up and break down mobile broadcast unit equipment before and after broadcast, as their school schedule allows
There are benefits for completing this 90-hour internship! Not sure if you want to commit? Volunteer and try it out! If you are 16 or older, the internship requires a commitment of 15-hours of work readiness training and 75-hours of worksite experience. However, you can try before you buy with no commitment to do the internship!
- High School Credit (Career Choices) and 3 credits in BTEC 148 Business Professional Self Development at Clark College at NO cost if student earns a “B” or better
- Monthly $50/gas cards for months that events occur (sponsored by US Bank)
- Work experience to build resume
- Opportunity to develop professional contacts
- Professional-level broadcast experience
Email [email protected] and tell him why you’re interested in a few brief sentences. If you’re not ready to commit to an internship, you can volunteer a time or two to see if it’s right for you.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Article Source: VSSA