Kylie Ritter drove in seven runs, including the tying and winning runs on a seventh-inning double as Hockinson softball topped Mark Morris 13-12 on Thursday.
Ritter hit a grand slam that tied the game 8-8 in the bottom of the third. She also tripled to drive in two runs in the sixth inning, pulling the Hawks within 12-11.
Mark Morris (3-2, 2-2) went ahead 12-9 on Hayly Peterson’s grand slam in the fifth inning.
Hockinson improved to 3-0 in the 2A Greater St. Helens League and 3-2 overall.
Stars of the day
- Seth Minor, Skyview baseball, went 2 for 4 with a double, a triple and drove in three runs in a 6-3 win over Union.
- Elizabeth Peery, Ridgefield softball, went 2 for 4 with a home run, a double, three RBI and was the winning pitcher in a 18-6 victory over Woodland.
- Sophia Reyes, Columbia River softball, went 4 for 4 with five RBI and a triple in a 17-10 win over Washougal.
- Alex Harris, Columbia River boys soccer, scored four goals in an 8-0 win over Mark Morris.
- Jade Gruher, Union girls golf, shot 1-over 37 to lead the Titans to victory over La Center at Three Rivers Golf Course in Kelso.
- David Moore and Urti Meza-Gonzales, Seton Catholic boys soccer, each scored second-half goals in a 2-0 win over Columbia-White Salmon.
- Sebastian Laddusaw, Hudson’s Bay baseball, went 3 for 3 with a double and was the winning pitcher in a 14-7 victory over R.A. Long.
- Jacob Dong, La Center boys soccer, had three goals and two assists in a 9-1 win over Stevenson.
- Garrett Maunu, La Center baseball, pitched 4.2 innings without allowing a hit in a 11-1 win over Seton Catholic.
Article Source: The Columbian