Grant Gumringer singled home Logan Wall in the top of the seventh as the Hockinson baseball team beat Washougal 6-5 on Monday in a 2A Greater St. Helens League game.
It was the second time in three days the Hawks beat Washougal 6-5 on their final at-bat.
After Washougal tied the game with three runs in the bottom of the sixth, Wall opened the top of the seventh by being hit by a pitch. Braden Bellus and Dalton Penner had back-to-back singles to load the bases before Gumringer delivered the go-ahead hit with two outs.
Bellus was 3 for 3 and AJ Domingos went 2 for 5 with a double for Hockinson.
Damien Panko was 2 for 3 with an RBI for Washougal.
Stars of the day
- Luke Chaney, Union baseball, went 3 for 5 with a double, home run and two RBI as his RBI double in the bottom of the ninth lifted the Titans over Kelso 5-4.
- Sam Boyle, Columbia River baseball, threw a five-inning no hitter in a 19-1 win over Hudson’s Bay, handing the Eagles their first loss this season.
- Parker Bartroff, Ridgefield baseball, went 3 for 4 with two RBI and a triple in a 15-5 win over Woodland.
- Justin Taylor, Camas baseball, went 2 for 2 with a home run and two RBI in a 6-0 win over Prairie.
- Maddie Milhorn, Skyview softball, threw a one-hitter with 14 strikeouts and no walks as the Storm beat Prairie 3-0.
- Carson Ness, Mark Morris baseball, pitched five innings of three-hit ball with nine strikeouts in the Monarchs 5-0 win over Fort Vancouver.
- Rylee Rehbein, Battle Ground softball, struck out 18 batters in seven innings and went 2 for 4 with run, triple and RBI in the Tigers’ 9-2 win over Kelso.
- Bri King, Mountain View softball, held Union to two hits with five strikeouts over seven innings as the Thunder beat the Titans 4-1.
- Mallory Vancleave, Ridgefield softball, went 3 for 3 with three runs two doubles and two RBI in the Spudders’ 17-0 win over Fort Vancouver.
- Taylor McRae, Columbia River, softball, struck out seven over seven innings and hit a two-run homer in the Rapids’ 11-7 win over R.A. Long.
- Bella Aspas, Hockinson softball, went 4 for 4 with three runs, two doubles and two RBI and pitched two shutout innings in the Hawks’ 16-6 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Emily Foytack, Mark Morris softball, went 4 for 4 with four runs, three home runs, including a grand slam, and drove in eight runs as the Monarchs beat Woodland 15-14.
- Leanna Russell, Woodland softball, went 5 for 5 with five runs, two home runs and four RBI in a 15-14 loss to Mark Morris.
- Noah Shepard, Skyview baseball, went 2 for 3 with two RBI and a double in a 8-4 win over Evergreen.
- Ilia Moscovciuc, Skyview boys soccer, scored two goals in a 4-1 win over Heritage.
Article Source: The Columbian