Keanna Salavea had 25 kills and 26 digs as Heritage volleyball beat Battle Ground in one of the season’s closest matches.
Heritage triumphed by winning the fifth-set tiebreaker 15-11.
Before that, no set was decided by more than four points. The teams exchanged 25-21 sets before Battle Ground forced a fifth set with a 26-24 win in the fourth.
Makenzie Misner had 14 kills and five aces for the Timberwolves. Ashley Lehman added 25 digs and Rosanna DuPrey had 17 digs.
Makayla Loose had 13 kills and six aces for Battle Ground. Miranda Maudlin added 25 digs.
Stars of the day
- Raya Janson, Columbia River girls soccer, had a second-half goal and assist as the Rapids beat Mark Morris 2-0.
- Abby Dombrow and Grace Abbott, Hockinson girls soccer, each had a goal and an assist in a 5-1 win over R.A. Long.
- Jamie Maas, Washogual girls soccer, scored twice in a 4-0 win over Woodland.
- Madeline Shrock and Bridget Young, each had a team-high 11 kills in a four-set win over Columbia-White Salmon.
- Natalie Andrew, Ridgefield volleyball, had nine kills and 10 digs as the Spudders swept R.A. Long to improve to 12-0 this season without dropping a set.
- Allison Smith, King’s Way Christian girls soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 3-0 win over Columbia-White Salmon.
- Lillie Amies, Prairie girls soccer, had 14 saves in a 1-0 loss to league-leading Kelso.
- Ella Schoene, La Center volleyball, had 18 kills and 13 digs in a 3-1 loss to Castle Rock.
- Madisen Newbury, La Center girls soccer, scored four goals in an 8-1 win over Castle Rock.
- Piper Rudd, Stevenson volleyball, had eight kills and eight digs in a five-set win over Rainier.
- Maya Woods and Olivia Euverman, Union girls soccer, each scored two goals in a 5-1 win over Evergreen.
- Marie Houk, Skyview girls soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 6-0 win over Heritage.
- Drew Eggleston, Union volleyball, had 18 kills and 16 digs as the Titans lost to Kelso in five sets.
Article Source: The Columbian