Zach Hauser struck out 13 in a complete-game effort as Battle Ground baseball edged Union 1-0 on Tuesday.
Hauser, a University of Utah commit, allowed just three hits and walked none. He threw 102 pitches, tossing first-pitch strikes to 15 of 24 batters.
Evan McGuire was also excellent on the mound for Union, striking out seven, walking none and scattering seven hits. But the Tigers broke through in the bottom of the sixth when Kevin Ferguson’s two-out double drove in Carter Hotchkiss.
Stars of the day
- Sam Apodaca, Prairie baseball, pitched a complete game, striking out seven, walking none and allowing five hits in a 2-1 win over Heritage.
- Boston Jensen, Camas baseball, allowed one hit over six innings in a 10-3 win over Skyview. He also hit a home run.
- Makenzie Misner, Heritage softball, struck out 11 walked one and allowed three hits in a 2-0 win over Kelso. She also had an RBI double.
- Connor Fortin, Union boys soccer, scored twice in a 3-0 win over Camas.
- Makani Geissen, King’s Way Christian baseball, threw a five-inning no-hitter, striking out 13 and walking none as King’s Way swept Castle Rock with a 10-0 win in the nightcap.
- Taylor McRae, Columbia River softball, struck out 11, walked none and allowed just five hits in a 11-1 win over Hockinson.
- Isaac Pisarczyk, King’s Way Christian baseball, went 3 for 4 with three runs scored and a double as the Knights won the opener of a doubleheader against Castle Rock 13-2.
- Jacinda Lee, Camas girls golf, had 35 points in Stableford scoring as the Papermakers beat Skyview 115-32.
- Corbin Jensen and Carson Ness, Mark Morris baseball, each had three hits in a 10-6 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Stacy Sutton, Battle Ground girls track and field, won the 100 meters, 200 meters and helped the Tigers to victories in the 800 relay and 1,600 relay in a dual meet against Evergreen.
- LaDaimien McCord, Evergreen boys track and field, won the 400 meters and high jump as the Plainsmen edged Battle Ground in a dual meet.
- Josie Settle, Kelso girls track and field, won three events, with personal bests in the triple jump (36-11.5) and long jump (17-10) and clearing 5 feet in the high jump, in a dual meet against Mountain View.
- Judah Calixte, Kelso boys track and field, won the 100 meters, long jump, triple jump and helped the 400 relay team to victory in a dual meet against Mountain View.
- Smith Stimmel, La Center baseball, had seven RBI over two games as La Center swept a doubleheader against Columbia-White Salmon 18-0 and 10-4. He struck out seven hitters over five innings in the nightcap.
- Christian Chavarria, Evergreen boys soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 2-0 win over Skyview.
- Eli Warne, Mountain View boys soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 3-0 win over Kelso for the first-place Thunder.
- Caden Taylor, La Center baseball, went 3 for 4 with a double and four runs scored as the Wildcats won the first game of a doubleheader against Columbia-White Salmon 18-0.
Article Source: The Columbian