Tyler Davis outdueled Zach Hauser as the Skyview baseball team beat Battle Ground 4-1 on Monday at Propstra Stadium.
Davis scattered five hits, allowed one earned run and struck out seven to earn the complete-game win.
Stars of the day
- Jadyn Terry, R.A. Long softball, struck out seven, walked none and allowed just four hits in a 6-0 win over Columbia River.
- Dillon Kirksey, Ridgefield baseball, threw a complete game, striking out seven and walking three, in a 4-2 win over Hudson’s Bay. He also went 2 for 3 at the plate with two RBI.
- Bella Aspaas and Darby Peters, Hockinson softball, each homered and drove in four runs in a 16-3 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Langston Bartell, Mark Morris baseball, allowed one unearned run, struck out eight and walked two in a 8-1 win over Washougal as the Monarchs remained atop the 2A GSHL.
- Max Fraser, Camas baseball, had 10 strikeouts and no walks over five innings in a 11-1 win over Union.
- Casen Reed, Mountain View baseball, homered in a 5-2 win over Heritage as the Thunder stayed atop the 3A GSHL standings.
- Jared Childers, R.A. Long baseball, went 3 for 4 with four RBI in a 12-8 win over Hockinson.
- Emma Av, Mountain View girls tennis, won her No. 1 singles match 6-2, 6-1 as the Thunder beat Skyview 5-1.
- Kya Jenkins, Skyview softball, went 2 for 3 with a run, double and RBI as Skyview beat Mountain View 13-3 in the first game of a doubleheader.
- McKayla White, Evergreen softball, went 3 for 5 with three runs, a double and two RBI in a 14-4 win over Camas.
- Elizabeth Peery, Ridgefield softball, went 3 for 3 with two doubles, a triple and five RBI in a win over Fort Vancouver.
- Kayla Brusseau, Union softball, went 4 for 5 with two runs, a double and RBI in the first game of a doubleheader sweep of Kelso.
- McKinley Ermshar, Union softball, went 2 for 3 with a two home runs and four RBI as the Titans competed the sweep.
Article Source: The Columbian