Culinary Institute at Clark College Open House
Interested in a career in culinary arts? Join the McClaskey Culinary Institute at Clark College for their Open House!
Clark College McClaskey Culinary Institute (MCI) Open House
Date: Saturday, May 14 from 8am-2pm
Location: Gaiser Hall, Clark College, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663
Description: Do you want to get a taste of Clark College’s innovative Cuisine Management and Professional Baking and Pastry Arts programs? Attend this hands-on event for prospective students and supporters to see what the Clark College McClaskey Culinary Institute has to offer.
- 8:00 am: Welcome/Registration/COVID-19 Screening (MCI Continental Breakfast provided)
- 8:30 am – 12:00 pm: 30 Minute Hands-On “Break-Out” Sessions
- The Art of Coffee/Espresso
- Pretzel Making
- Cookies and Quick Breads
- Basic Knife & Sharpening Skills
- Basic Cooking Methods
- BBQ Basics
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Lunch provided
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Q & A Session with current Cuisine Management and Baking and Pastry Arts students
- 1:30 pm – 2 pm: Closing
Did you know VPS students can earn up to five Clark College credits in Culinary Arts courses that they take at Fort Vancouver for FREE (over a $600 value)! Students should see their Career Specialist to learn more.
This program is not sponsored by Vancouver Public Schools. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
VPS students and families should check Xello for more information on career and college readiness, opportunities, and scholarships. Login through ClassLink or go directly to https://xello.world/en/
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Article Source: VSSA